Mummy Dearest....
(From Era I: 1979-1982)
Dear Father
I finally made a name for myself, Father. Till now, I spent a lot of time during battles unconscious in a lump. But today, Dreadnought and I were called in to the Mid-City Museum of History. We didn't know what the call was about till we got there. When we showed up we encountered two individuals. The first was a person going by the name Firefist. Don't ask me why, but I had a strange feeling I knew the guy. I thought he was showing up to deal with the situation, too, but then he set the building on fire, so Dreadnought went to deal with him.
The other person encountered was... as far as I knew at that moment.... a mummy wielding a staff with an ankh on it. The flames from Firefist's original actions began to grow up around us and started to curl my fur. They also started to burn away the mummy's linen. As the pieces of cloth fell away from him, the true villain became apparent. The individual wrapped in the linens was not a man who died 3000 years ago, but thief who worked under the title King Ramud. The battle was give and take, but in the end, the fates smiled upon me and I was able to take Ramud down when I got past his guard and kicked him in the solar-plexis with enough power to send him across the room, bounce him off the wall and knock him out.
Of course, Dreadnought, who had scared off Firefist, hogged up all the publicity from the battle, but that is unimportant. For the first time in battle I was able to prove myself. I now feel that I can truly claim membership in AlertForce. I just hope I can continue to improve my batting average. I know we discussed me making a difference in this world. I finally feel like I am doing that. I hope you are proud of me.
Love,
James
Dear Father
I finally made a name for myself, Father. Till now, I spent a lot of time during battles unconscious in a lump. But today, Dreadnought and I were called in to the Mid-City Museum of History. We didn't know what the call was about till we got there. When we showed up we encountered two individuals. The first was a person going by the name Firefist. Don't ask me why, but I had a strange feeling I knew the guy. I thought he was showing up to deal with the situation, too, but then he set the building on fire, so Dreadnought went to deal with him.
The other person encountered was... as far as I knew at that moment.... a mummy wielding a staff with an ankh on it. The flames from Firefist's original actions began to grow up around us and started to curl my fur. They also started to burn away the mummy's linen. As the pieces of cloth fell away from him, the true villain became apparent. The individual wrapped in the linens was not a man who died 3000 years ago, but thief who worked under the title King Ramud. The battle was give and take, but in the end, the fates smiled upon me and I was able to take Ramud down when I got past his guard and kicked him in the solar-plexis with enough power to send him across the room, bounce him off the wall and knock him out.
Of course, Dreadnought, who had scared off Firefist, hogged up all the publicity from the battle, but that is unimportant. For the first time in battle I was able to prove myself. I now feel that I can truly claim membership in AlertForce. I just hope I can continue to improve my batting average. I know we discussed me making a difference in this world. I finally feel like I am doing that. I hope you are proud of me.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home