Friday, March 18, 2005

Let's do the Time Warp again....

From: Part VI 2001

??/??/????

Dear Father,

I have no idea what day it is, or month, or year. On 8/31/01, we gathered together to deal with Viper's latest escapades. They had developed a time machine that they were using to regain the parts of a powerful alien device that the Russians had been working on for years. They had made one previous attempt to get the bands, but during that attack, the bands were split up and "moved" over time-space lines to unknown destinations. Viper was going to use a time machine to get the different parts. We were going to use a time machine to get the Viper agents and the actual pieces. When our time machine fired, the members of the group each entered a different portal and was moved to a time and place to find his target Viper agent and the band each side sought.

My portal brought me to the edge of Machu Picchu. But it was not the ruins one can visit today. It was a living, vibrant city. And Pizarro would not be visiting this place any time in the near future. As I adjusted myself to my surroundings, a familiar odor hit my nose. Bricklayer, I thought, I guess he is my target. I followed the smell around the edge of the city and came to an Incan pyramid. Seated atop it, Bricklayer was bellowing orders to the priests in front of him. From what I could pick up of the conversation, the priests believed that there was a living god before them. Of course, I knew differently.

I leapt up to the top of the pyramid to confront Bricklayer, and the battle began. He got in a few good shots, but I was taking him down hard. As soon as he realized that it was NOT going his way, he began to escape with his flight power. I threw myself at him for a final move-through attack. I hit him. I hit him hard. I hit him TOO damn hard. I knocked both of us out. Luckily my regeneration kicked in fast and I was able to get a hold of him before he could regain consciousness. Now I am sitting here, keeping him knocked out, bartering with the high priest to gain possession of the band which they hold as a holy gift from the gods (and trying to explain to him that I am not a god and that, while I appreciate him offering me his daughter's hand, I must decline), and waiting for another portal to open up so I can get Bricklayer and, hopefully, the band back to our time.

Love (from me and, I am sure, Bricklayer)
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home