Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sergeant, I am the native american you are looking for...

8/26/12
Dear Father,

It
is 3am and I just finished my discussion with the Overland Park police department. I walked in at about 6pm spoke with the desk sergeant and told him that I was the native american that they were looking for and that I would like to speak to the detective in charge of Sarah Hollis' case. They patted me down (finding nothing, I went in unarmed) and directed me back to a questioning room. Soon, a man I assume is the detective I came to speak with sat down opposite me, put a tape recorder on the table, hit the record button and looked at me to make an opening statement. I showed him my private investigator badge and told him that I was visiting Mrs Hollis because I worked for the company that she hired to investigate her husband's plane accident. That was when the questioning began. They wanted to know EVERYTHING I knew about her husband's case and everything I spoke about with Mrs Hollis during both of my meetings with her. During their questioning, they let clues drop from time to time, either by accident or to register my reaction. From their statements, I learned that the entry into the house came from breaking through the glass of the patio door. The form of death was an execution, single shot to the back of the head, and the body was found lying on the bed. The house was ransacked (but a little voice in the back of my mind said that this was a cover, using "attempted burglary" to hide a deeper reason). The questions went on for hours. They asked the same basic questions a thousand times from different points of view to see if they could trip me up or get more information from me. When they finally came to the realization that I was exactly what I told them and not the killer they were looking for, they thanked me for my time and told me that they would prefer that I stay in the area until the investigation was completed. I assured them I would since she was my client and I would be doing everything I could to assist them in finding her killers.

I am going back to the hotel and going to bed. Before I turn in, I am going to ask Hal to alert me if he ever notices any invasions of the Hollis household broadcast over the local police communicators. When the sun comes up, I am going to begin to look for Sarah's killer.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home