Friday, April 07, 2006

I wish I could help you more, but...

8/18/12
Dear Father,

I found the other werewolf. He knew I would be looking for him. Mostly because he had been looking for me for the past 10 years. I do not state this out of vanity, only from what he said to me, but I was told that I am a legend in the native american circles, and that when he was infected with lycanthropy, he knew I was the person that he needed to contact. He told me his name, Peter Flying Cloud, and asked me if I knew anything from my studies of lycanthropy which could cure him or at least give him a greater control over his disease.

I was touched that he came to me. But I had to be honest with him. "I have been researching lycanthropy for years, Peter, but I have never found any information on a cure. As to controlling the disorder, you and I are not alike. You developed your disorder after spending years as human, so the beast inside you is a different creature... for now. I developed my disorder from conception so my inner beast and I have had all the time in the world to get to know each other and work together. There is one thing I can tell you, though. I have found, in my studies, stories of Tibetan monks who have contracted the disorder and have learned mantras with which they could hold back the inner beast -- giving them the ability to walk under full moons in human form. They cannot become the wolf when they desire, but they can stay human when most would grow fur."

I gave Peter the money for plane tickets and told him to keep in contact with me and let me know if he can find the monks I mentioned. I also asked him to let me know if their "medicine" has helped him. I hope to hear from him soon.

Love,

James

(A note in the margins of the journal: 4/8/13 I was reading my journals today. I came across this entry. It reminded me that I have yet to hear form Peter. I pray that I have not given him hope with a story which is nothing but a myth. I have no number to reach him with so all I can do right now is send out mental smoke messages asking him to contact me. I doubt he hears me, but... who knows....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home