Gotta love that PTA... and I ain't talkin Parent-Teacher Association...
9/28/12
Dear Father,
It will be the 29th in a minute or two, but I just got out of the PTA office and I have to write this down now while it is still fresh in my mind. When the police showed up at the park, they came out of their cars with guns drawn. As they were requesting that I take the position, I smiled. I stood up slowly. I proceeded to the ground with my arms stretched out. When my knees struck the ground, I proceeded to lay down. I left my arms stretched out and had my hands turned so they were palm up. As they approached me, I gently lifted my right hand about 2 inches off the ground so they could get the cuff around it. Before they could make the request, I moved my hands to the base of my spine so the left hand could be cuffed. We then stood up, and before any of them could speak, I said, "I have the right to remain silent. Anything I say can, and will, be used against me in a court of law. I have the right to have an attorney present during all questioning. If I chose to have one present but cannot afford one, one will be appointed by the court. Do you think that covers it, guys? Oh... so you know... we won't have to wait for an attorney. I pass on that right."
I guess they didn't get it. They quickly loaded me in the back of a PTA van. I could see that they were also loading CoD on to an ambulance. She was cuffed to the gurney and there was an officer in the ambulance with her. On the way to the PTA building, the strangest thing happened. The lock on my handcuffs popped open. Then the door to the wagon fell open. I could see the driver glancing in his mirror, waiting for me to take the chance to bolt. I laughed. "Really guys... Thanks... but I will have no problem talking to you about my capture of the felon which I turned over to you." The driver was confused.
When we got to the PTA building, I was quickly moved to a questioning room. Three armed officers kept their guns pointed at me as another officer undid my cuffs (which I had refastined in the car) and then cuffed me to the table. I just kinda smiled and shook my head. "Guys... really... I am not a threat. I was just responding to a report of an attack on a professor who was hospitalized for a previous attack. I assumed the perpetrator had come back to finish the job."
The officer chaining me to the desk tightened the cuffs a little tighter. I guess it was his way of telling me he didn't like my sense of humor.
After what felt like a few hours, two PTA officers entered the room. "Let me guess," I said, "Y'all are gonna use the classic good cop bad cop tactic."
"No, Mr. GreyWolf. We only wish to hear your version of the confrontation."
I told them the whole story, save I left out Bane. I knew that the PTA is not in the Bane fan club. They kept trying to make me slip up and admit that there was a third person involved in the fight. But I never altered my story. In the end, they let me go, but not before they handed me a bench warrant which asked me to return the following day for a hearing dealing with a $1500 fine for public fighting with paranormal abilities and fines for structural damage caused by the fight. I handed the warrant back to the officer with a check for $1500 and a written statement declaring that I was pleading nolo contendere. He looked confused. I smiled and left the building.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
It will be the 29th in a minute or two, but I just got out of the PTA office and I have to write this down now while it is still fresh in my mind. When the police showed up at the park, they came out of their cars with guns drawn. As they were requesting that I take the position, I smiled. I stood up slowly. I proceeded to the ground with my arms stretched out. When my knees struck the ground, I proceeded to lay down. I left my arms stretched out and had my hands turned so they were palm up. As they approached me, I gently lifted my right hand about 2 inches off the ground so they could get the cuff around it. Before they could make the request, I moved my hands to the base of my spine so the left hand could be cuffed. We then stood up, and before any of them could speak, I said, "I have the right to remain silent. Anything I say can, and will, be used against me in a court of law. I have the right to have an attorney present during all questioning. If I chose to have one present but cannot afford one, one will be appointed by the court. Do you think that covers it, guys? Oh... so you know... we won't have to wait for an attorney. I pass on that right."
I guess they didn't get it. They quickly loaded me in the back of a PTA van. I could see that they were also loading CoD on to an ambulance. She was cuffed to the gurney and there was an officer in the ambulance with her. On the way to the PTA building, the strangest thing happened. The lock on my handcuffs popped open. Then the door to the wagon fell open. I could see the driver glancing in his mirror, waiting for me to take the chance to bolt. I laughed. "Really guys... Thanks... but I will have no problem talking to you about my capture of the felon which I turned over to you." The driver was confused.
When we got to the PTA building, I was quickly moved to a questioning room. Three armed officers kept their guns pointed at me as another officer undid my cuffs (which I had refastined in the car) and then cuffed me to the table. I just kinda smiled and shook my head. "Guys... really... I am not a threat. I was just responding to a report of an attack on a professor who was hospitalized for a previous attack. I assumed the perpetrator had come back to finish the job."
The officer chaining me to the desk tightened the cuffs a little tighter. I guess it was his way of telling me he didn't like my sense of humor.
After what felt like a few hours, two PTA officers entered the room. "Let me guess," I said, "Y'all are gonna use the classic good cop bad cop tactic."
"No, Mr. GreyWolf. We only wish to hear your version of the confrontation."
I told them the whole story, save I left out Bane. I knew that the PTA is not in the Bane fan club. They kept trying to make me slip up and admit that there was a third person involved in the fight. But I never altered my story. In the end, they let me go, but not before they handed me a bench warrant which asked me to return the following day for a hearing dealing with a $1500 fine for public fighting with paranormal abilities and fines for structural damage caused by the fight. I handed the warrant back to the officer with a check for $1500 and a written statement declaring that I was pleading nolo contendere. He looked confused. I smiled and left the building.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home