Thursday, April 13, 2006

No impediments this time..

September 21st, 2012
Dear Father,

Pheonix, Bane and I hit the highway today. This time we made it all the way to Yakima without any visits from Casino -- or any other of Nomad's assistants. I had given my fellow investigators satellite pictures of the cave and the territory around it ahead of time to get them familiar with the area. We got as close as we could to the cave and Bane kinda melded into the area around her. She moved around to the front of the cave and entered. She found massive energy barrier stopping any further advancement into the cave.

She described everything she saw to me when she got back. It hit me that we could all get in to the cave to see what she had seen if we were to take out the cameras. Not destroy them, but make them ineffective. I had Bane move a camera out right next to one of theirs. We filmed what it saw for 10 or 20 minutes. Then we created a loop film and broke into their camera's wires and fed in that loop. We could then walk past their camera without being detected. I was only doing this to get a better look at their set up. Pheonix had different plans. He decided to test the strength of the barrier. Before I could stop him, he struck the barrier with a great deal of force. It did not even dent the energy wall. But it did create a rippling sound that began to echo down the cave on the other side. Shortly there after, we heard engines. Pheonix and I darted for the bushes outside the cave. Bane, who at that moment was clinging to the ceiling, froze like a dear staring into headlights. She melded into the rocks around her.

Their tank rolled up to the barrier. One of its passengers popped the lid and looked out. He scanned the ground on the other side. He scanned the walls. He scanned the ceiling. And his eyes stopped. The electric barrier stopped me from hearing what he was saying but I could read the words "intruder," "ceiling," and "infantry" from his lips as he spoke into a communicator. I heard footsteps outside the cave. I saw incoming soldiers, five of them, coming from nowhere. Pheonix and I quickly and quietly advanced on them and took them out before they ever got to the front of the cave. I followed their path back to the hidden portal they came out of. I climbed down the ladder till I was about 10 feet above the bottom of the tunnel. I could see ripples in the electric wall that would not let me advance any further into the tunnel. When I exited the smaller tunnel, I saw that Pheonix had helped Bane remove herself from the cave and come to me. I told them what I had found. I was ready to retreat and take the information we had to the rest of the group, but I believe the frustration had gotten to Pheonix. He moved to a point on the hill above the cave and began tunneling down into the cave below. I could not remove him so I assisted him, hoping that when he saw the troops waiting for us in the cave below, he, too, would be ready to retreat. Instead, he started fighting the moment he hit ground in the tunnel. Bane and I joined in on the fight, if only to keep Pheonix alive. It took Bane getting seriously damaged and me getting knocked out for Pheonix to realize that retreat would be wise.

We withdrew to a safe distance and then we "anonymously" phoned the PTA to let them know about a cave filled with instruments of war.

With love and battle blood,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home