A cruise on Pacific Coastal....
9/19/12
Dear Father,
Ok. 3 hours sleep is not really enough after an all nighter like that, but I knew we had to get up to Yakima to learn more about Nomad's cave. I found Bane in the kitchen. She was still a little nervous, but she was steadier than the night before. I told her to get ready, we would be leaving as soon as I checked in on Pheonix.
I went to the lab room. Pheonix was mobile. He still looked a little foggy, but I was sure we got all of the problems worked out. I told him to take it easy, Bane and I would be back in a day or two.
He said, "Hey. Wait for me. I can function."
"Take the time to rest up. Your system was out of commission for a while."
By the time I was on the main floor again, Bane was coming down the stairs with a backpack. We jumped into the Jaguar and got on the road. In a few minutes we were heading North on the Pacific Coastal Highway. It looked like this was just going to be an easy road trip when I noticed the form in the driver's side mirror. Somehow, Casino had had found us and she was quickly advancing on us on her motorcycle. I was just about to cut in front of her when I saw her pull the playing card from her jacket. It flew from her hand like a shirukan and punctured the driver's side front tire. I began spinning out of control across 3 lanes of traffic. Three more playing cards came from her shirt and lodged themselves in my door. When I had some control over the car I steered it so when I stopped, she would be on my side of the car. That would give Bane cover when she got out of the car. I exited the car to advance on Casino only to see her leap to the roof of my car and drop a smoke bomb. Bane came springing out of her side of the car and did a move through on Casino, knocking her into the next lane of traffic. A large welt was starting to form at the point of contact and Casino grimaced in pain. To make her as immobile as possible, I grappled Casino but she quickly broke my grip. As she started to run for it, Pheonix arrived on the scene and he and I quickly advanced to catch up to her. Pheonix struck her to knock her off balance and I came in to take her down for the count. I quickly bound her and waited for the police to arrive. Pheonix and Bane, who had been having problems with the PTA in Detroit and Chicago, took that moment to retreat back to the mansion.
So much for a quick drive to Washington. We will try again later.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
Ok. 3 hours sleep is not really enough after an all nighter like that, but I knew we had to get up to Yakima to learn more about Nomad's cave. I found Bane in the kitchen. She was still a little nervous, but she was steadier than the night before. I told her to get ready, we would be leaving as soon as I checked in on Pheonix.
I went to the lab room. Pheonix was mobile. He still looked a little foggy, but I was sure we got all of the problems worked out. I told him to take it easy, Bane and I would be back in a day or two.
He said, "Hey. Wait for me. I can function."
"Take the time to rest up. Your system was out of commission for a while."
By the time I was on the main floor again, Bane was coming down the stairs with a backpack. We jumped into the Jaguar and got on the road. In a few minutes we were heading North on the Pacific Coastal Highway. It looked like this was just going to be an easy road trip when I noticed the form in the driver's side mirror. Somehow, Casino had had found us and she was quickly advancing on us on her motorcycle. I was just about to cut in front of her when I saw her pull the playing card from her jacket. It flew from her hand like a shirukan and punctured the driver's side front tire. I began spinning out of control across 3 lanes of traffic. Three more playing cards came from her shirt and lodged themselves in my door. When I had some control over the car I steered it so when I stopped, she would be on my side of the car. That would give Bane cover when she got out of the car. I exited the car to advance on Casino only to see her leap to the roof of my car and drop a smoke bomb. Bane came springing out of her side of the car and did a move through on Casino, knocking her into the next lane of traffic. A large welt was starting to form at the point of contact and Casino grimaced in pain. To make her as immobile as possible, I grappled Casino but she quickly broke my grip. As she started to run for it, Pheonix arrived on the scene and he and I quickly advanced to catch up to her. Pheonix struck her to knock her off balance and I came in to take her down for the count. I quickly bound her and waited for the police to arrive. Pheonix and Bane, who had been having problems with the PTA in Detroit and Chicago, took that moment to retreat back to the mansion.
So much for a quick drive to Washington. We will try again later.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home