Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Thank GOD for distractions...

9/10/12
Dear Father,

I have been spending the last 5 days searching blind allies and following electronic clues to blank walls trying to figure out which cave Nomad was using for his other Earth-Oz transporter. I found listings of over 35,000 privately owned caves in the US, over 1200 of which were purchased in the last year. They are in all 50 states. AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH.

But earlier today, the HHI people called me and told me that they needed me to investigate an arson cases in the Spokane, Wash., area. I was told that a storage facility owned by BBT Technology Systems, Inc, burned to the ground recently and two bodies were found in the ashes. My boss told me to find out if anything was removed from the building before the fire, who the bodies were, and what caused the fire. Before I could respond, I was interrupted by the dial tone.

In Spokane, I talked to the officials, who knew nothing, I searched the sight, which had no scent, and I looked at the bodies, which were burned beyond identification. Not a hell of a lot of clues. But I remembered from the police file a boy named Billy who was interviewed by officials. Nothing he said was recorded because the police believed that the young boy was telling fairy tails. I looked up the child to see if he was telling tails or the police was not giving him enough credit.

Billy told me that he was playing on a field near the storage facility when he saw two men approaching the building (he gave descriptions which I fed into Hal and got files on villains I had worked against in the past named Baffler and Darter who were thieves who specialized in B&E's on storage facilities). He then stated that he saw a "flaming angel" fly down and say "bad words to the men." She then torched the men and the building. Billy said that he then ran from the area, fearing that he would be next.

I stood in the field to see the crime from the boy's eyes when I noticed a camera mounted on a storage building right next to the one which was torched. I obtained the film from that day and got a picture of the woman. I also asked the BBT people if they had any other facilities storing the same material as the one which was burned (Hal and I brainstormed on this and came to the conclusion that Baffle and Darter and this woman were probably after the same material, but she was angrier at her opposition than she was desperate to get the material she was after so she burned everything here down). There was one other facility storing the same material. It is in Arizona. I will be there by tomorrow and hopefully I will get there before she does.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home