Toto, I don't think we're in Oz anymore....
9/3/12
Dear Father,
I write this from the top of the Giza Galleria, a building connected to the Luxor. This may be confusing but I have to write it all down while I still remember it. When we got close to Emerald City, we spotted the only way in or out, the Yellow Brick Highway (it has expanded since Baum's time). Bane, who can alter her appearance, became a munchkin and stuck out her thumb. A truck stopped to pick her up and she kept the driver distracted as we piled into the back. When we got to the gate, Bane kept up her disguise and Exiled used illusions to make us blend in to the boxes already in the truck.
Once we got through the gate, we did everything we could to find Nomad, which was fairly easy because he was pretty much the mayor of Emerald City and had an office in the Wizard's Palace We tried a discrete approach to the palace, but the guards were not letting us in. A battle followed that and Dryad used wind to toss the guards out of the way. Inside the Palace, we found that Figulus has slipped past the door before it was closed and found his way to the throne room. When we caught up to him we found that we were going to have to get through a column of large war robots to get to Nomad.
The tide of the battle started in their favor, and they were able to take down a number of the group. But, in time, it ebbed from the robots and flowed toward us. I had been stunned at the begging of the battle, but as my mind cleared up the fact that there were 10 robots and that they were standing in a very straight line sent memories of time in my youth spent in a local bowling alley. Using myself as the ball, I moved to the side of the line of opponents and then hurled myself at the first one to knock him into the next, and the next, and so on. I did not get a strike, but I stopped 8 of the robots from attacking as they spent their time getting up off the floor. Pheonix joined me at the alley and as we kept the robots on the ground, the rest of the group shut the opponents down, one at a time. While this was going on, Exiled faced down Nomad, who saw that, the way the battle was going, now is a good time to retreat.
Nomad gone, and all of the 10 robots dismantled, we explored the room. We found a portal in the corner. Exile had already activated it when I discovered the command list for the control panel. We decided that 1) we gotta go and 2) we should make this portal useless for future Oz-Earth travelers. As we piled through the opening, Pheonix tossed grenades into the Throne Room to destroy the machine once we had passed through. Unfortunately, the three seconds that the grenades needed to explode was not QUITE enough time for us to get completely safe through the gate. The explosion sent ripples through the gate which divided the group, sending us to different landing points on the other side. That is how I got to the roof of the Galleria. And that is why I am alone. Now I have to go make sure that everyone moving through the portal landed in the same dimension.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
I write this from the top of the Giza Galleria, a building connected to the Luxor. This may be confusing but I have to write it all down while I still remember it. When we got close to Emerald City, we spotted the only way in or out, the Yellow Brick Highway (it has expanded since Baum's time). Bane, who can alter her appearance, became a munchkin and stuck out her thumb. A truck stopped to pick her up and she kept the driver distracted as we piled into the back. When we got to the gate, Bane kept up her disguise and Exiled used illusions to make us blend in to the boxes already in the truck.
Once we got through the gate, we did everything we could to find Nomad, which was fairly easy because he was pretty much the mayor of Emerald City and had an office in the Wizard's Palace We tried a discrete approach to the palace, but the guards were not letting us in. A battle followed that and Dryad used wind to toss the guards out of the way. Inside the Palace, we found that Figulus has slipped past the door before it was closed and found his way to the throne room. When we caught up to him we found that we were going to have to get through a column of large war robots to get to Nomad.
The tide of the battle started in their favor, and they were able to take down a number of the group. But, in time, it ebbed from the robots and flowed toward us. I had been stunned at the begging of the battle, but as my mind cleared up the fact that there were 10 robots and that they were standing in a very straight line sent memories of time in my youth spent in a local bowling alley. Using myself as the ball, I moved to the side of the line of opponents and then hurled myself at the first one to knock him into the next, and the next, and so on. I did not get a strike, but I stopped 8 of the robots from attacking as they spent their time getting up off the floor. Pheonix joined me at the alley and as we kept the robots on the ground, the rest of the group shut the opponents down, one at a time. While this was going on, Exiled faced down Nomad, who saw that, the way the battle was going, now is a good time to retreat.
Nomad gone, and all of the 10 robots dismantled, we explored the room. We found a portal in the corner. Exile had already activated it when I discovered the command list for the control panel. We decided that 1) we gotta go and 2) we should make this portal useless for future Oz-Earth travelers. As we piled through the opening, Pheonix tossed grenades into the Throne Room to destroy the machine once we had passed through. Unfortunately, the three seconds that the grenades needed to explode was not QUITE enough time for us to get completely safe through the gate. The explosion sent ripples through the gate which divided the group, sending us to different landing points on the other side. That is how I got to the roof of the Galleria. And that is why I am alone. Now I have to go make sure that everyone moving through the portal landed in the same dimension.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home