Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We're off to see the Wizard... Part III

Later that day....
Dear Father,

Some of this was a blur to me because I was out for a while, but we walked in on a battle between Ozians and Vinkus. I know I tend to take the sides of underdogs, but in this case, the underdogs were a few individuals being attacked by a massive number of individuals using superior technology. The few Vinkus we found were protecting themselves by a sphere of energy. The Ozians, across the river, were attacking them with laser cannons, tanks, and at least 20 times the number of individuals.

It was about this time when I finally saw the individual I suspected had followed us through the portal. I did not understand his gestures, but as he made them one of the enemy tanks started attacking another. Using that distraction, I circled around to the flank of the Ozians and took out a number of their foot soldiers before one of their other tanks hit me with a blast that brought on unconsciousness.

By the time I regained consciousness, all of the foot soldiers were down and all but one of the tanks were destroyed. We had one tank commander to interrogate, and through him it was learned that the Ozian forces were being commanded by the new wizard on the block, who sounded a lot like Nomad, who, I assume, is Maddox. The description sounded a lot like the figure I saw on the video tape I got from Maddox's office and while I could not prove it, I have already come to the conclusion that it most probably Maddox, himself.

With the information we got from the commander, we began to move closer to the Emerald City to find Nomad. When we came to the next river, it was determined that there was ANOTHER army of Ozians across the river. Still unaware of the full capabilities of my fellow adventurers and educated on the Ozian tactics from the last battle, I did the only thing I could think of. I attacked. To some it may seem foolish, but I knew we could not sneak past them, they were already aware of us, and I could not volunteer the others in the group to become targets, but I felt that the most I could give to my group was time and a distraction for the Ozians. While the Ozians turned their forces on me, the green lantern in our group created a platform and began to take the others to safety. Luckily for me, he took the time to cruise past my position, giving me a chance jump on the platform and get out of the path of the oncoming forces which would have overwhelmed me.

We are now a step closer to the Emerald City and a step further from the Ozian army. I will write more when the chance presents itself.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home