Another day in the life...
11/25/12
Dear Father,
Ok. Don't ask me why, but there is now a car with government plates sitting outside our house. I took them a plate of sandwiches (doughnuts would have been crass), just to look for a reaction, but they were, to say the least, stone faced. They asked me if Mantis and Jurgen lived there, and I, assuming this had something to do with Jurgen's parents, "played dumb" as Jurgen requested. I wrote a note to Mantis about the encounter.
That was not the only conversation I had today, Father. I finally got up the courage to talk to Dr. Lassiter. The conversation was... to say the least... short. And I never got a chance to explain my actions to her. The following is what was said.
"Dr. Lassiter."
"Yes?"
"Patricia... I need to talk to you. I have been having this feeling in the past few weeks that you... and please excuse me if I sound egocentric... I only state this as my belief of what you feel... that you find me attractive and you wish to take this relationship to a deeper level. I am sorry, but I can't return the feelings."
"Ok," she said, and walked away.
What I would have said if she had given me the chance to finish my thoughts.
"Do not take this as a cut on you. I do find you very attractive. My problem is with my history in relationships. I had two major relationships in my life. I lost the first one because she was called by Odin to become a Valkyrie Maiden, basically taking her from this life in to the next. The second relationship I had was with Grendle. The moment I decided to leave AlertForce to pursue her, she was killed in a battle with The Brute. Add on to that the fact that my mother committed suicide 3 weeks after my birth when it was proven that I had inherited her lycanthropy, and you can understand why I have a problem committing to anyone. My work is very dangerous, and I care about you too much to put you at risk."
She never heard me say that.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
Ok. Don't ask me why, but there is now a car with government plates sitting outside our house. I took them a plate of sandwiches (doughnuts would have been crass), just to look for a reaction, but they were, to say the least, stone faced. They asked me if Mantis and Jurgen lived there, and I, assuming this had something to do with Jurgen's parents, "played dumb" as Jurgen requested. I wrote a note to Mantis about the encounter.
That was not the only conversation I had today, Father. I finally got up the courage to talk to Dr. Lassiter. The conversation was... to say the least... short. And I never got a chance to explain my actions to her. The following is what was said.
"Dr. Lassiter."
"Yes?"
"Patricia... I need to talk to you. I have been having this feeling in the past few weeks that you... and please excuse me if I sound egocentric... I only state this as my belief of what you feel... that you find me attractive and you wish to take this relationship to a deeper level. I am sorry, but I can't return the feelings."
"Ok," she said, and walked away.
What I would have said if she had given me the chance to finish my thoughts.
"Do not take this as a cut on you. I do find you very attractive. My problem is with my history in relationships. I had two major relationships in my life. I lost the first one because she was called by Odin to become a Valkyrie Maiden, basically taking her from this life in to the next. The second relationship I had was with Grendle. The moment I decided to leave AlertForce to pursue her, she was killed in a battle with The Brute. Add on to that the fact that my mother committed suicide 3 weeks after my birth when it was proven that I had inherited her lycanthropy, and you can understand why I have a problem committing to anyone. My work is very dangerous, and I care about you too much to put you at risk."
She never heard me say that.
Love,
James


2 Comments:
Ok. She said more that "Okay." But she would not let me finish my thought. I can't remember all she said, so instead of misquoting her, I edited it down.
ROFL. Mantis... you are whipped.
Post a Comment
<< Home