Maybe it's just me, but things don't seem right here...
October 12th, 2012
Dear Father,
I'll start with current history. It is very late. I am sitting in the cafeteria in Flat Rock School. The room is definitely a mess. Down the hall from here is the nurses office, and in there are the comatose bodies of CHiP, Flasher, and Mr Mystico. Thermo is nowhere to be found. Maggie Kinapak is definitely missing (she is the girl that Thermo asked me to come here to find). And the only students I can find around here are, on average, 10 years old -- all of the older students are gone. So how did things get this weird? I'll tell you.
When we first showed up, I tried to find Thermo. Everything around the school told me he was MIA. But his assistant, Ms Fontaine (aka Flasher), told us that everything was ok. No one was missing. The way she moved and spoke sent off an alarm in my mind. Her actions made me think of a marionette, and her voice was dead -- no feelings... emotions. I believed that she was being controlled by some one else. She asked me to leave and I ignored her. I charged further into the school desperately searching for Thermo. He was a friend of mine and the fact that I could not come to Alaska the moment he contacted me made me feel responsible for his disappearance.
CHiP and Flasher appeared in the hallway. CHiP drew his weapon and shouted "STAND DOWN, GREYWOLF, OR I WILL HAVE TO USE FORCE." His voice snapped me out of my tunneled vision. But at the same time, a little voice in the back of my head told me that CHiP and Flasher acted as woodenly as Fontaine.
While I continued to search for Thermo, Mantis broke into his office and got in to his computer. From the computer, he learned that Kinapak and 6 other students had been drafted by Thermo to create a super-hero group in Alaska. With the information he had, he caught up to me and we went to Kinapak's dorm room. Her half of the room screamed "Gothic" at me. I had never met the girl, so I could not be sure of any of my readings on her, but I knew that the girl was depressed, and probably was abused in her childhood. Her roommate, Debbie Reed, seemed to be a far more stable girl. Mantis found her journal, and that text verified the formation of the "Alaska 7."
Our visit to the girls' room was interrupted by crashing sounds. We found Guz in the cafeteria (he burns his food as fast as he burns the gasoline he ingests, so he is very often hungry.), and he was under attack by CHiP and Flasher. We knocked both of them out and put them in the nurse's office. All that was going on in the school kinda snapped me. The supernatural feeling all these problems had to them made me draw a conclusion. There was one teacher here who had magical powers, Mr Mystico. The emotions of the moment made me make a serious mistake -- it made me assume. I stormed Mystico's room and found him incased in a wall of protective magic. I stepped toward him and my foot scattered the circle of dust around him. His wall disappeared and he collapsed to the floor. It was at that moment that I realized that I had just screwed up.... BIG TIME. He was not controlling the others. He was protecting himself from being controlled.
So now you know how I got to this point, Father. We can still get things taken care of, but I delayed the rescue by letting emotions control my actions. Now I need to get some rest. Tomorrow, I will do what I can to find Thermo, learn the origin of the difficulties, break the magic that is controlling this school, and find Maggie Kinapak.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
I'll start with current history. It is very late. I am sitting in the cafeteria in Flat Rock School. The room is definitely a mess. Down the hall from here is the nurses office, and in there are the comatose bodies of CHiP, Flasher, and Mr Mystico. Thermo is nowhere to be found. Maggie Kinapak is definitely missing (she is the girl that Thermo asked me to come here to find). And the only students I can find around here are, on average, 10 years old -- all of the older students are gone. So how did things get this weird? I'll tell you.
When we first showed up, I tried to find Thermo. Everything around the school told me he was MIA. But his assistant, Ms Fontaine (aka Flasher), told us that everything was ok. No one was missing. The way she moved and spoke sent off an alarm in my mind. Her actions made me think of a marionette, and her voice was dead -- no feelings... emotions. I believed that she was being controlled by some one else. She asked me to leave and I ignored her. I charged further into the school desperately searching for Thermo. He was a friend of mine and the fact that I could not come to Alaska the moment he contacted me made me feel responsible for his disappearance.
CHiP and Flasher appeared in the hallway. CHiP drew his weapon and shouted "STAND DOWN, GREYWOLF, OR I WILL HAVE TO USE FORCE." His voice snapped me out of my tunneled vision. But at the same time, a little voice in the back of my head told me that CHiP and Flasher acted as woodenly as Fontaine.
While I continued to search for Thermo, Mantis broke into his office and got in to his computer. From the computer, he learned that Kinapak and 6 other students had been drafted by Thermo to create a super-hero group in Alaska. With the information he had, he caught up to me and we went to Kinapak's dorm room. Her half of the room screamed "Gothic" at me. I had never met the girl, so I could not be sure of any of my readings on her, but I knew that the girl was depressed, and probably was abused in her childhood. Her roommate, Debbie Reed, seemed to be a far more stable girl. Mantis found her journal, and that text verified the formation of the "Alaska 7."
Our visit to the girls' room was interrupted by crashing sounds. We found Guz in the cafeteria (he burns his food as fast as he burns the gasoline he ingests, so he is very often hungry.), and he was under attack by CHiP and Flasher. We knocked both of them out and put them in the nurse's office. All that was going on in the school kinda snapped me. The supernatural feeling all these problems had to them made me draw a conclusion. There was one teacher here who had magical powers, Mr Mystico. The emotions of the moment made me make a serious mistake -- it made me assume. I stormed Mystico's room and found him incased in a wall of protective magic. I stepped toward him and my foot scattered the circle of dust around him. His wall disappeared and he collapsed to the floor. It was at that moment that I realized that I had just screwed up.... BIG TIME. He was not controlling the others. He was protecting himself from being controlled.
So now you know how I got to this point, Father. We can still get things taken care of, but I delayed the rescue by letting emotions control my actions. Now I need to get some rest. Tomorrow, I will do what I can to find Thermo, learn the origin of the difficulties, break the magic that is controlling this school, and find Maggie Kinapak.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home