Sunday, April 16, 2006

Many drawn by the needs of one....

October 14th, 2012
Dear Father,

I have been busy over the past 24 hours, so I couldn't catch up till now. After we got the students to the medical facilities yesterday, we returned to the trail to find Thermo. We finally reached a cave about 10 miles South of the school. I could smell Thermo and a number of the Alaska 7 inside. Among those smells present was that of Maggie.

As we observed the cave, Debbie Reed came out dressed in her Stinger costume. In a wavering voice, she told us, "Stop now, or I will be forced to kill you." I could not stop. Thermo was in that cave and he had lost a LOT of blood. I advanced toward the cave. Bane blended into the world around her and quietly advanced to a flanking position. Mantis went invisible and moved to the other flank. We attacked as others from the group came out of the cave. The first A7 taken out was the one I was brought here to look for, Maggie, who was dressed in her Masker costume. The rest of A7, when Maggie went down, used Offramp's portal to escape. Mantis followed them into the portal. Bane and I investigated the cave. We found Thermo in need of medical attention. Bane stayed to keep Thermo safe and attend the wounds with what little supplies she had on her. I ran to the campus to get medical supplies.

While I was gone, Mantis tried to talk down the rest of the group. They used another warp to get away from him, this time he could not get to the open portal before it was closed.

At the cave, Bane heard noises and blended in to her surroundings and climbed to the ceiling. What she didn't know was that one of the 7 had stayed behind. It was Stinger, who was invisible. Bane could not find Stinger, but Stinger did find Bane and hit her with a sensory overload. Bane used her communicator to send out a distress message. Mantis was closer and quickly got to the cave. He followed tracks out of the cave and found Masker behind some bushes. He then attempted to locate Stinger, who hit him with sensory overload. He could not see or hear her but he called to her. Charismaticly, he convinced her that we were not a threat. We are here to help. Stinger turned off the sensory overload and surrendered.

Just after her surrender, I showed up with the medical supplies for Bane. Bane attended to Thermo and I learned form Mantis, who had questioned Stinger, what had caused this whole incident. Maggie Kinapak was sexually molested by one of her foster fathers. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and stress for school had caused her to transfer her anger for her assailant to Thermo. We also learned why so much of the past 4 days had happened. Maggie's mystical powers gave her the ability to create her own world and then draw her fellow Alaska 7 members into that world with her. In this new world, Thermo was the enemy who caused the pain and the members of Alaska 7, soon joined by members of the staff who fell into Maggie's world, plotted to make Thermo pay for all his evil actions.

When we got back to the campus, we could see that those who were unconscious were now awake. Maggie's hold over their consciousness was broken. Though I know there is more work for me here, the crisis is past. Now we have to clean up.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home