Sunday, April 09, 2006

Requiescat in pace...

8/27/12
Dear Father

I did two things today, Father. First, I made sure we got the right people. I dropped by the police department and casually asked them about the two burglars I heard they picked up at the Hollis house the night before and was wondering if they may be connected to her murder. The police told me that they needed to wait for the final lab work but everything pointed to these guys as the murderers. They were still a little confused as to how the men were tied up and "waiting" for them when they answered the alarm call, but, hey, in the end, all that matters is that they got them. Now that I knew that my suspicion was fact, I could take care of the other thing I wanted to do.

I found out which funeral home was handling Sarah's burial. I went during visiting hours. I spoke to no one. I went directly to the open casket. They had done a great job with her. The bullet hit the back of the head and never passed all the way through, but the morticians were able to position her so that no part of the wound would be visible. I leaned down to her, as if to kiss her cheek, and quietly whispered in her ear, "Requiescat in pace, I got the bastards who did this to you." And then I left.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home