Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A whole lot of nothingness...

September 5th, 2012
Dear Father,

I know that in any search, finding nothing is, in the end, actually finding out something about the person you are looking for. It gives you an idea about how hard the person you are after is working to evade detection. But what I have been finding lately makes me feel like I am searching in an vacuum.

First, since I was already near Vegas, I looked for an apartment registered to Andrea Johnson, whom I assume is Casino. The apartment was basically empty but I found little things, like Andrea's year book, phone records but the phone was used strictly for local calls, There was one photograph left on the mantle which showed Andrea in her youth standing between her mother and her father. But I didn't find anything to give me any information about who she really is and what her relationship with Nomad is (though one can easily assume they are lovers). Well, I can't say I got nothing. I did catch a faint whiff of Nomad's scent in the bedroom. It had been a while since he had been here, but the way the scent of the two combined in this room more clearly defines their roles as lovers. I didn't smell sex, but the odor did suggest an intimacy.

I headed to Pasadena to check out Maddox's apartment and office. The apartment was a vacuum. Empty. At the office, I got the number for his home phone (though I don't think I really have any use for that) and his social security number.

I am tired. It is late. When I get up tomorrow, I will work with Hal on finding out as much as possible on Maddox's finances. I am sure he bought the equipment for other teleportation facilities. If we are going to shut down his attempt to take over and govern the entire planet, we have to close every entry point he has created for his armed forces.

Good night, Father.
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home