Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You were there, and you were there, and you were there too....

September 3rd 2012
Dear Father

I was heading out to the desert to start an expanding circle search for the people I worked with in Oz, but I took a chance and did a quick sniff around town before I left. Luckily, I caught a sniff of Bane and headed to the hotel she was staying at. She was a little surprised when she answered the door to her room. When I entered I heard her speaking on the phone with Pheonix and a woman Bane referred to as Dr. Lassiter. I joined in on the conversation and it was decided that Bane and I should take a trip out to the cave to see if Nomad was moving up the starting time for his invasion, if it was just status quo, or if the rats were abandoning the ship. Pheonix would join the search, but he landed in the middle of nowhere and it would take him time to get back.

When we approached the cave, Exiled joined us and we cautiously entered the cave. Three combat robots, similar to the ones which came for me in our first trip to the cave, attacked the three of us. Having learned from previous encounters with these creatures, I did a domino effect on them to put them off balance and keep them from attacking the others, and Exiled quickly convinced one of them that the other two were the invaders. Bane, whose martial arts was definitely improving, was very effective in the battle. In the end, two of them became trash, and the remaining one went off to patrol the caves for other intruders because it was convinced (by Exiled's influence) that we worked for Nomad.

We pushed on for the elevator leading to the lower facilities, crashed through the above doors we had already bent open in our last visit, jumped into the elevator resting at the bottom of the shaft and hit the "open" button standing in full attack mode as the doors slid open.

But the room was empty.

Nomad, who figured out how we found him, made a massive tactical retreat. There were a few helicopters left behind but the vast majority of the equipment stored here was gone, the computers had had their hard drives removed and the teleporting system was completely dismantled. We found some barrack rooms attached to the main hall and when I analyzed the smell in the rooms, I was able to determine that the troops housed here were munchkins. Nomad and Casino had their own living quarters in a room labeled "Command Chambers." We realized that we were not going to get much information from these facilities, so we decided to divide up so that I could find out more about Nomad, Exiled could do a little more research on the equipment we had been encountering, and Bane could, when Pheonix showed up, head for Pittsburgh to try to find Figulus. We exchanged phone numbers and I tossed each of them keys to the AF mansion so that when ever they were working on cases on the West coast, they would have a place to stay. Basically I was putting out opening feelers to see if they might be interested in being recruited. I am still the only working member of AF, but that may soon change.

With hope,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home