Get 'er outta here.....
April 21st, 2013
Dear Father,
After I got the feeling back in my feet, Mantis and I went to Quebec to find out what Bane had learned from her scouting. When we got there, Bane told us that she found the warehouse, and that she found a construct track. We all piled into her flying car (I felt like Cameron Fyre in Ferres Bueller's Day Off. There are two seats in the car, and I sat in the area behind those seats.) and flew toward the outpost Bane had found.
When we got there, Bane went in for a landing about a half a mile out to give us room to sneak in. Unfortunately, the people who put up the electronic protector wall did not use the metal fence as their guide for the positioning it. As we descended, we struck the force wall and the car went into free fall. Figuring Mantis could get the car to the ground safely, I grabbed Bane and jumped to the ground (I was in feral form, so I was able to make the jump easily. Don't ask me why, but when we hit ground, Bane said I was slobbering all over her. My mouth was closed the entire time and I do not have St Bernard lips, so what slobber she felt did not come from me. I guess I will honor her request and let her plummet to her death from now on and not try to help her). I guess I was wrong about Mantis, cause the car hit the ground at terminal velocity.
We got past all the barriers and sneaked up on the unloaded trucks. We made sure they were still filled with Star Labs material, and when that was determined, Bane used the disabling device that Vision gave us to destroy all the material in the trucks. We were about to determine which building was being used for storage when a guard came from behind one of the trucks. Mantis was invisible and I was hiding in the woods near the parking lot, but Bane was in the open. She blended to her surroundings, but the guard's light cast her shadow and he called out asking for who ever was there to "Step out." I was circling to make a flank move on him when Mantis appeared behind him and took him down with a surprise hit. Bane got his uniform and ID badge and altered her face to take on his appearance. We advanced on the door to the closest warehouse, figuring that closest is most likely for reduced unloading time. Bane and Mantis were going in to the storage building while I stayed out looking for patrols. When Bane opened the door, her hand hit a palm scan point on the door. She, of course, failed. As they entered the building I heard constructs begin to advance on them. I rushed in to help them deal with them but Bane and Mantis took out the two visible constructs right away and the other constructs stopped advancing. We looked for them, but they had beamed out. Bane started going down the rows of crates and disabled the Star Labs material. Mantis and I trailed closely behind her, keeping an eye open for the constructs.
We were about half way through the room when the fur on the back of my neck began to stand. We could hear the constructs materializing around us, and I saw that they were bringing in a small army. I cannot speak in feral form, so I tapped Mantis, put two fingers to my eyes pointed one at him, and another at Bane and then struck my palms together like a plane taking off. I know that Bane has no flight or running capability so I basically told Mantis that I want to see him pick her up and fly her the hell out of here, I will stand ground and take the attack. Some of the constructs had fully materialized and began firing at all of us. Mantis dodged blasts and picked Bane up and started flying. I kept dodging shots till I saw them both gone. When I was sure they were safely away, I turned heel and started running like there was no tomorrow, mostly because if I didn't run that way, there would be no tomorrow. I guess in cases like this, fear is the greatest stimulant and my feet went past overdrive and approached mach 1. Normally Mantis flies faster than I run, but I was told later that for a while I passed Mantis. Eventually, I hit the wall and fell to my normal speed, and Mantis passed me up again, but for a short time, I felt like the Flash.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
After I got the feeling back in my feet, Mantis and I went to Quebec to find out what Bane had learned from her scouting. When we got there, Bane told us that she found the warehouse, and that she found a construct track. We all piled into her flying car (I felt like Cameron Fyre in Ferres Bueller's Day Off. There are two seats in the car, and I sat in the area behind those seats.) and flew toward the outpost Bane had found.
When we got there, Bane went in for a landing about a half a mile out to give us room to sneak in. Unfortunately, the people who put up the electronic protector wall did not use the metal fence as their guide for the positioning it. As we descended, we struck the force wall and the car went into free fall. Figuring Mantis could get the car to the ground safely, I grabbed Bane and jumped to the ground (I was in feral form, so I was able to make the jump easily. Don't ask me why, but when we hit ground, Bane said I was slobbering all over her. My mouth was closed the entire time and I do not have St Bernard lips, so what slobber she felt did not come from me. I guess I will honor her request and let her plummet to her death from now on and not try to help her). I guess I was wrong about Mantis, cause the car hit the ground at terminal velocity.
We got past all the barriers and sneaked up on the unloaded trucks. We made sure they were still filled with Star Labs material, and when that was determined, Bane used the disabling device that Vision gave us to destroy all the material in the trucks. We were about to determine which building was being used for storage when a guard came from behind one of the trucks. Mantis was invisible and I was hiding in the woods near the parking lot, but Bane was in the open. She blended to her surroundings, but the guard's light cast her shadow and he called out asking for who ever was there to "Step out." I was circling to make a flank move on him when Mantis appeared behind him and took him down with a surprise hit. Bane got his uniform and ID badge and altered her face to take on his appearance. We advanced on the door to the closest warehouse, figuring that closest is most likely for reduced unloading time. Bane and Mantis were going in to the storage building while I stayed out looking for patrols. When Bane opened the door, her hand hit a palm scan point on the door. She, of course, failed. As they entered the building I heard constructs begin to advance on them. I rushed in to help them deal with them but Bane and Mantis took out the two visible constructs right away and the other constructs stopped advancing. We looked for them, but they had beamed out. Bane started going down the rows of crates and disabled the Star Labs material. Mantis and I trailed closely behind her, keeping an eye open for the constructs.
We were about half way through the room when the fur on the back of my neck began to stand. We could hear the constructs materializing around us, and I saw that they were bringing in a small army. I cannot speak in feral form, so I tapped Mantis, put two fingers to my eyes pointed one at him, and another at Bane and then struck my palms together like a plane taking off. I know that Bane has no flight or running capability so I basically told Mantis that I want to see him pick her up and fly her the hell out of here, I will stand ground and take the attack. Some of the constructs had fully materialized and began firing at all of us. Mantis dodged blasts and picked Bane up and started flying. I kept dodging shots till I saw them both gone. When I was sure they were safely away, I turned heel and started running like there was no tomorrow, mostly because if I didn't run that way, there would be no tomorrow. I guess in cases like this, fear is the greatest stimulant and my feet went past overdrive and approached mach 1. Normally Mantis flies faster than I run, but I was told later that for a while I passed Mantis. Eventually, I hit the wall and fell to my normal speed, and Mantis passed me up again, but for a short time, I felt like the Flash.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home