Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Serendipity....

March 10th, 2013
Dear Father,

I have not been able to write over the past few days. Bane is MIA, and I am worried. She went to meat with Nomad to discuss the whole UMI situation. I know nothing of what happened at the meeting, but I know that Nomad was attacked by an android during the meeting and knocked out. The android used Nomad's gadget to open a portal. He took Nomad with him, and Bane followed. No one has heard from Bane since then.

I could do nothing to find Bane so I threw myself into my work to distract my mind. I had heard word that Zephyr was being threatened by "fire creatures" emerging from the bowels of the Earth. The fact that Mt. St. Helens was becoming active again lead me to believe that I should investigate. When I got there, I smelled the fire creatures deep within Helens. I also smelled Mr. Mystico. I sought him out and found him with Dr Fate. I had heard many times in my life of the magic of Fate, but this was my first chance to meet him. I found out that the men I had run into were here for the same reason I was, and we spoke for a while. As the conversation was fading out, it hit me. Fire creatures are not the only thing I was looking for, and I was in the presence of a man who could detect the spirits of individuals between dimensions.

"Dr. Fate, may I ask you a favor?"

"What, James? How may I help you?"

"A very good friend of mine is missing. She means a great deal to me, but there is no way for me to detect where she has been taken, and I am afraid that she has been moved to another dimension. Could you help me find her?"

"I need something of her's so that I may feel her spirit."

I took him to her apartment in Detroit. I broke in and took items of hers to give to him so that he may see her spirit. But nothing had enough of her essence in it.

"These things are useless, James. Her spirit is not part of any of them. But there is another way for me to look. You said that 'she means a great deal' to you. Kneel before me and move as little as possible."

He took my head in his hands and I began to feel his vast spiritual energy enter my mind. He told me later that he found a silver cord connecting me to Bane and traced it till he found her, but all that I felt at the moment was his soul strolling through my mind. It felt like a librarian looking for a first edition print of The Profit on all the shelves in my mind, but someone had moved every book in the library.

"I see her, James. She is in a place that is very cold. But it is not just any cold. She is on the seventh level of Hell, the land of ice."

I asked Fate if he knew of a way to get to that plane. He told me that nothing came directly to mind, but if I would give him time to think, he may know more.

I have been to Oz, so I know there are other places in the universe which are very real. That does not comfort me. Bane is in a place so cold and dangerous, and has no way to remove herself from that place. I have to do everything I can to find her.

James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home