An intruder searching for help....
December 13th, 2012
Dear Father,
I was working out in the danger room this afternoon, when I got a buzz from Hal. The alarms were going off because of an intruder in the undersea entrance to the mansion. I quickly ran into the basement and headed down the tube leading to the ocean and to our sea launch. In the room I found a humanoid who lunged at me, but not to attack. Basically he threw himself into my arms as he collapsed. The bloody wounds all over his body telling me that this creature had escaped from a serious attack. I guess now is a time as any to explain why I keep using the word humanoid. This individual was bipedal and had the same over all structure as a human, but his skin was very dark blue on his back fading to a much lighter blue on the front. He had slits on the sides of his neck, but they were not wounds, they were gills. And the way he was gasping in my arms told me that the gills were not an alternate form of breathing. I rushed him up to our medical facilities and filled one of the therapy tubs with fresh salt water. I put him in the tub and rushed to a phone and a phone book. I had to think for a bit, but eventually I got the phone number for the Scripps Institution in San Diego. I calmly asked the secretary who answered the phone if there were any doctors who worked there with whom I could discuss a beached sea mammal I needed help with. The doctor she transferred me to asked me what kind of whale I had found. I then told him that the creature I found was not what one might call a normal sea mammal, but I didn't want the operator to think I was nuts. It got really quiet on the other end. I made sure he had not hung up, and then I went on to explain to him that I had "rescued" a bipedal humanoid with gills. I heard the phone bounce off the floor but he quickly retrieved it and asked me for an address. I told him where to come and I told him that the creature needs medical assistance. It is wounded.
Three hours later, two large vans pulled up to the house. 8 scientists and 3 medical specialists piled out of the van -- each carrying several large crates. I took a second to make sure that I hadn't called in mad scientists. They reassured me that they were not here to dissect the creature, but to heal and study it. When they entered the room, the gasps were, to say the least, audible. They asked me to leave the room and quickly worked to stabilize his condition. I am sure I will be telling you more about this individual over the next few days, but for now you know what I know.
Love,
James
PS Oh.... I forgot to mention. I found one thing on the humanoid. He had an AlertForce Communicator on him. It was registered to WaterLord. I am having Hal analyse the communicator.
Dear Father,
I was working out in the danger room this afternoon, when I got a buzz from Hal. The alarms were going off because of an intruder in the undersea entrance to the mansion. I quickly ran into the basement and headed down the tube leading to the ocean and to our sea launch. In the room I found a humanoid who lunged at me, but not to attack. Basically he threw himself into my arms as he collapsed. The bloody wounds all over his body telling me that this creature had escaped from a serious attack. I guess now is a time as any to explain why I keep using the word humanoid. This individual was bipedal and had the same over all structure as a human, but his skin was very dark blue on his back fading to a much lighter blue on the front. He had slits on the sides of his neck, but they were not wounds, they were gills. And the way he was gasping in my arms told me that the gills were not an alternate form of breathing. I rushed him up to our medical facilities and filled one of the therapy tubs with fresh salt water. I put him in the tub and rushed to a phone and a phone book. I had to think for a bit, but eventually I got the phone number for the Scripps Institution in San Diego. I calmly asked the secretary who answered the phone if there were any doctors who worked there with whom I could discuss a beached sea mammal I needed help with. The doctor she transferred me to asked me what kind of whale I had found. I then told him that the creature I found was not what one might call a normal sea mammal, but I didn't want the operator to think I was nuts. It got really quiet on the other end. I made sure he had not hung up, and then I went on to explain to him that I had "rescued" a bipedal humanoid with gills. I heard the phone bounce off the floor but he quickly retrieved it and asked me for an address. I told him where to come and I told him that the creature needs medical assistance. It is wounded.
Three hours later, two large vans pulled up to the house. 8 scientists and 3 medical specialists piled out of the van -- each carrying several large crates. I took a second to make sure that I hadn't called in mad scientists. They reassured me that they were not here to dissect the creature, but to heal and study it. When they entered the room, the gasps were, to say the least, audible. They asked me to leave the room and quickly worked to stabilize his condition. I am sure I will be telling you more about this individual over the next few days, but for now you know what I know.
Love,
James
PS Oh.... I forgot to mention. I found one thing on the humanoid. He had an AlertForce Communicator on him. It was registered to WaterLord. I am having Hal analyse the communicator.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home