Monday, April 24, 2006

A little place of their own....

February 17th, 2013
Dear Father,

I had spoken to the elders of the Flathead, Nez Perce and several other tribes in the North West. I got their permission to represent all of the tribes in North West America and West Canada at the gathering at the UN today in which a representative of UMI would speak. I got that white buffalo hide outfit of yours out of the closet. Thankfully, I inherited your height, so if fit well. Before I headed to the gathering, I sat with One-Who-Helps-Many and we performed the prayer of peace. The Flathead Elders were waiting outside of the shaman's home to wish me a peaceful journey.

When I arrived in New York, I headed straight to the UN building. The security was tight and the lines were long, but I was able to get in fairly quickly. There was a buzz in the audience, but when Solomon stepped up to the stand, the silence was deafening. The fact that Hal and Pal were his bodyguards struck me. He presented the position of UMI and the UMI 5000, concentrating on the recognition of them as citizens of the world, not just artificially intelligent beings. Having lived through discrimination in my youth, I felt great sympathy for the 5000. UMI, I am not sure of. The legal system that I have worked under for most of my life states that one is innocent until proven guilty, so I must take Solomon's statement that UMI is seeking to become a peaceful member of society as a statement of truth. However, if it is proven to me that UMI has alternate intentions, I will have to take action.

Valid questions were presented during the Q&A which followed the speech. And Solomon's responses would have pleased his namesake.

When the whole meeting was finished, and the listeners left the chambers, gatherings formed in yard in front of the building, and each of the groups began to discuss what had just happened. I stood near the door to the building and watched the animation in face and hands of the people speaking in each of the groups. I noticed Hal out of corner of my eye as he, Pal and Solomon stepped from the building. For a moment time came almost to a stop, as I heard the blast of a laser gun and saw, in what seemed to be slow motion, an energy blast penetrate Solomon's chest and dropped him to the ground. And then time became real again and the crowd panicked. Instinctively, I assumed wolf form and smelled the trail of the laser blast back to its origin. I ran toward the spot, followed by other members of AF, security officials, and a number of members of the press. I found the building from which the blast came and leapt to the roof. Instinctively, I moved to the position from which the laser was fired and smelled for the assassin (who had already vanished). I smelled no person's scent. I knew at that moment that Solomon's assailant was a metallic android. But there was no trail to follow the shooters escape. He was here, then he was gone.

I have things to figure out, Father. I will write more later.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home