Monday, April 24, 2006

Insubordination....

February 12th, 2013
Dear Father,

To quote the late 20th century philosopher, Rodney Dangerfield, "I tell y'ah, I don't get no respect." Mantis stated that we must "deal with Hal." I told him that I would do so. But before I ever got a chance to handle the situation (and I know I would have handled it differently), Mantis stepped in and basically insisted that Hal (the android) must get the data base version of Hal up and running and then remove himself from the manor. I have no idea exactly what was discussed between the two, but when I approached Hal to discuss the situation with him, he told me that he was no longer a member of AlertForce. I didn't understand it. I had been working for the past month trying to get the android Hal functioning more effectively and he has been making a great deal of progress.

Ever sense Mantis first appeared at our headquarters, he has been playing for the position of leader. I will not say I should have it because I deserve it. I only claim the position because I have been with Alert force since it's inception. I am the person who put the mansion back together -- out of my own pocket. I recruited all of the current members of AlertForce. I have committed myself to this group for the last 30 years. He walked in and with in the first week, he claimed leadership, at least to the press.

I will confront Mantis with this in the morning. He will challenge me to a revote or a battle. I have never understood AlertForce's policy of might making right. I think that the best person for the position should be recognized by his peers. When the challenge is made, I will call for the vote. I can only hope that the rest of AlertForce will recognize the time I have put into rebuilding the team and let me continue as leader. If they can't, I will walk away. But only from the mansion. I will continue to do what I can for the group.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home