Friday, April 21, 2006

A conscious dream....

January 13th, 2013.... 3:30 am pst
Dear Father,

This is gonna be strange. I am not really awake as I write this, but if I don't write it now, I will forget. I just got off the phone with Bane. The only way I can think of writing this is like a script, so I am going to do this third person.

Opening sequence: James GreyWolf, in a very dark room, is asleep. His eyes snap open as the phone next to his bed begins to ring.
JAMES: (groggy voice) uh.... what?

Cut to Detroit. The Kit Cat Club. The lights are bright and filled with colors. Many empty glasses are on the table and music is blasting in the background. Bane is seated. She has a foggy look in her eyes.
BANE: (with slurred sibilants and a loud voice) LOUP... WE GOTSs EVE. SHE'Ss IN THE INNER SsANCTUM...

LA JAMES: (turning on a light) Eve... you got her out of the WV facility? Any casualties.
Detroit BANE: (the camera has pulled back. Behind her, Mantis is dancing on the stage.) NO... WE GODAWAY CLEAN... NUTTIN FOLLOWED USs.
JAMES: (rubbing his face to get himself fully conscious) Good. Did you have any problems getting Eve up and running?
BANE: (showing a kinda oops look on her face) WELL... UH... NO... NO PROBLEM.
JAMES: Bane?
BANE: WELL... NO REAL PROBLEM... CAUSE... WE CAN'T GET HER TURNED ON. NONE OF US KNOW HOW TO GET HER UP AND RUNNING...
JAMES: (mild amusement on his face) I take it you need a serious techno-nerd to get her started. Can you bring her to LA. I am progressing with Hal. Having him work on Eve could help him better understand himself. And when we get her running we can have her see if she can check out Hal's old mother board and see if we can retrieve all of his old data.
BANE: WELL... THERE.. Might be a problem getting her there...
JAMES: What? Talk loud or turn down the music.
BANE: (sibilants clearer and she has pulled the plug on the sound system) Well... there would be a problem getting her to LA. She is huge. And besides, the PTA are gonna figure out real soon that she is MIA.
JAMES: Ok... I guess... Hal and I are gonna be coming to Detroit. Wait... what about Lassiter? She could work on it...
BANE: You didn't hear? Well she is.. kinda.. in a coma.
JAMES: I am packing now...... I will have a discussion with Hal about the tasks I am gonna want him to perform. If I can get his old mother board into a small box, I will bring it with me.

Closing sequence: James, sitting on the bed, phone in hand resting on his lap. His face is pointed at the floor. He thinks out loud.
JAMES: They walked into a PTA security building. Picked up an artificially intelligent computer. And drove away without any problems. This sounds great on paper, but there is a little voice in the back of my head screaming, "LOOK OUT LOUP... THE SH#$ IS GONNA HIT THE FAN" (Editor's note: this is an adaptation of a comic book sequence I wrote about how I saw a conversation the GM said I had with Bane)

The film keeps playing through my head. I know I have to get packed, wake up Hal and get him ready for the trip.

Love,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home