Looking in on an old Pal....
April 25th, 2013
Dear Father,
Because Pal is as involved in the UMI situation, we decided to take a look at his old Arizona "house" (ok... it is a circa 1950 nuclear missile storage facility, but to Pal, it was home). The silo was abandoned by more than just the US government. There was sand and dust covering everything. There were no tracks, or smells. I stepped up to the door to knock on it, but Mantis had opened it before my fist collided with metal. As Gl, Mantis, Zephyr and I entered the door, Bane and Jurgen branched off to find alternate entrances.
Our footsteps echoed in the silo as we proceeded down the steel walkways. Half way down, there was a door that looked like those used in submarines. I tried to spin the wheel to open the door, but rust and sand made that very difficult. I applied a great deal of pressure and it began to slowly move, screeching with each inch it turned. Eventually, I pried the door open. As the rest of the group continued down the silo, I branched off to explore the corridor I had found. At one point, I found a gas fueled generator which would power the lights, but there was no gas, and the copper wires needed a serious greasing, so I continued to depend on my ultravision.
A few minutes later, I ran into Bane (Jurgen had been called back to Los Angeles for a security test his company was doing on a bank) who told me that she found something that I should get the others to see. I found my way back to the silo quickly and called GL, Mantis and Zephyr. They followed me to Bane and Bane took us to the room she found. Inside were thousands of books, basic living quarters, a computer, and the body of a paraplegic who had died at least 5 years earlier. Mantis told us about the computer parts his team had found in the silo and that they are most probably wired to this computer. We gathered all the parts we could and flew them back to LA, hoping that we could use them to generate an old version of Pal. If we can, we may be able to better understand the current Pal, who we think is being controlled by UMI.
When we got to the mansion, we took the computer parts to the Danger room and called in Joe to take a look at the system. While we were waiting for him to show up, Harlee Quin stepped out of the illusion we had created to hold her months earlier (her mind had become so accustomed to the illusion that it finally overrode it, and the walls came tumbling down) The fact that she was headed straight for the computer made her, in my mind, a threat. So I did what I felt was needed to do. I decked her. Mantis was pissed at me. He told me that she is a guest of the house, now. I did not know we opened our house to felons. As far as I knew, the only reason she was still in the Danger room was because the LA PTA was gone and the standard prisons could not hold her.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
Because Pal is as involved in the UMI situation, we decided to take a look at his old Arizona "house" (ok... it is a circa 1950 nuclear missile storage facility, but to Pal, it was home). The silo was abandoned by more than just the US government. There was sand and dust covering everything. There were no tracks, or smells. I stepped up to the door to knock on it, but Mantis had opened it before my fist collided with metal. As Gl, Mantis, Zephyr and I entered the door, Bane and Jurgen branched off to find alternate entrances.
Our footsteps echoed in the silo as we proceeded down the steel walkways. Half way down, there was a door that looked like those used in submarines. I tried to spin the wheel to open the door, but rust and sand made that very difficult. I applied a great deal of pressure and it began to slowly move, screeching with each inch it turned. Eventually, I pried the door open. As the rest of the group continued down the silo, I branched off to explore the corridor I had found. At one point, I found a gas fueled generator which would power the lights, but there was no gas, and the copper wires needed a serious greasing, so I continued to depend on my ultravision.
A few minutes later, I ran into Bane (Jurgen had been called back to Los Angeles for a security test his company was doing on a bank) who told me that she found something that I should get the others to see. I found my way back to the silo quickly and called GL, Mantis and Zephyr. They followed me to Bane and Bane took us to the room she found. Inside were thousands of books, basic living quarters, a computer, and the body of a paraplegic who had died at least 5 years earlier. Mantis told us about the computer parts his team had found in the silo and that they are most probably wired to this computer. We gathered all the parts we could and flew them back to LA, hoping that we could use them to generate an old version of Pal. If we can, we may be able to better understand the current Pal, who we think is being controlled by UMI.
When we got to the mansion, we took the computer parts to the Danger room and called in Joe to take a look at the system. While we were waiting for him to show up, Harlee Quin stepped out of the illusion we had created to hold her months earlier (her mind had become so accustomed to the illusion that it finally overrode it, and the walls came tumbling down) The fact that she was headed straight for the computer made her, in my mind, a threat. So I did what I felt was needed to do. I decked her. Mantis was pissed at me. He told me that she is a guest of the house, now. I did not know we opened our house to felons. As far as I knew, the only reason she was still in the Danger room was because the LA PTA was gone and the standard prisons could not hold her.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home