A little snake huntin'.....
December 22nd, 2012
Dear Father,
I got a call from Bane today. She had found a Viper warehouse in Detroit. When I joined her, Mantis, Zephyr and Guz also showed up. The information she had led us to a subway station. As we tried to figure out where to go from there, Bane spotted a man whom she suspected was a member of Viper. He entered a janitor's storage room but never came back out. We searched the room and found a hidden door leading to a circular staircase. We walked down several flights before we found a doorway which was blocked, but not by a door. There was a force barrier holding us out. As we searched for a way past the barrier, Guz took it into his own hands and bashed the barrier in. On the other side were 8 Viper guards with rifles leveled at us. Before they could squeeze off a shot, our group laid into them. In a matter of seconds the majority of the guards were unconscious on the ground, and the few left over had surrendered.
We moved further into the facility and came to a true door, this one was steel and bolted shut. Guz and I pried it off its hinges. On the other side of the door we saw a screen displaying ever changing numbers and words. It read "2:00 to detonation" one second, and in the next, it said "1:59 to detonation." It did not take long for us to figure it out. Mantis and Bane headed for the computer room, Guz and Zephyr headed out to the staircase, and I darted after one of the fleeing Vipers, hoping to get code words for the computer Mantis and Bane were after. Luckily for me, my target knew the facility far better than I did. Each additional foot it took me to catch up to him took me a foot further away from the detonation point. I never caught up to him, but he did lead me to a back door. The moment I opened the door, I was escorted out of the building by the blast of the explosives. When I caught up to the group, I saw that Mantis had removed a hard drive for Hal to analyze. At least we hope it is a hard drive.
Love,
James
Dear Father,
I got a call from Bane today. She had found a Viper warehouse in Detroit. When I joined her, Mantis, Zephyr and Guz also showed up. The information she had led us to a subway station. As we tried to figure out where to go from there, Bane spotted a man whom she suspected was a member of Viper. He entered a janitor's storage room but never came back out. We searched the room and found a hidden door leading to a circular staircase. We walked down several flights before we found a doorway which was blocked, but not by a door. There was a force barrier holding us out. As we searched for a way past the barrier, Guz took it into his own hands and bashed the barrier in. On the other side were 8 Viper guards with rifles leveled at us. Before they could squeeze off a shot, our group laid into them. In a matter of seconds the majority of the guards were unconscious on the ground, and the few left over had surrendered.
We moved further into the facility and came to a true door, this one was steel and bolted shut. Guz and I pried it off its hinges. On the other side of the door we saw a screen displaying ever changing numbers and words. It read "2:00 to detonation" one second, and in the next, it said "1:59 to detonation." It did not take long for us to figure it out. Mantis and Bane headed for the computer room, Guz and Zephyr headed out to the staircase, and I darted after one of the fleeing Vipers, hoping to get code words for the computer Mantis and Bane were after. Luckily for me, my target knew the facility far better than I did. Each additional foot it took me to catch up to him took me a foot further away from the detonation point. I never caught up to him, but he did lead me to a back door. The moment I opened the door, I was escorted out of the building by the blast of the explosives. When I caught up to the group, I saw that Mantis had removed a hard drive for Hal to analyze. At least we hope it is a hard drive.
Love,
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home