Isn't it Ironic?
May 1st, 2013
Dear Father,
Had a bit of a strange day, today, Father. First off, Mantis vanished into nowhere, leaves message he will be in and out for the next month, mostly out. But few of the AF members present needed a leader. Most were recovering from the battles the day before. I was floating in the pool, giving my muscles a chance to release the tension. At about noon, there was a knocking on the front door. A few of the people around the pool looked at me -- like I should get the door. I don't live here. I am just visiting, was all I thought.
Band and GL eventually got the door. I couldn't hear any specific words from the other room, but tones of voice suggested some confusion some where. I did hear one word, in the end. "Loup." I figured they wanted me to talk to the person at the door, so I headed in to the house. The moment I rounded the corner and saw the visitor, I had a flashback. The color of his skin had changed... a lot... but Razor X has a most distinctive face. When asked if I knew the man, I replied, "Yes. Hi, Razor."
To which he responded, "I am no longer called Razor. Please refer to me as Ironic." The fact that his skin color had changed from caucasian to... metallic... made his new name understandable -- especially since Iron Man had already been taken. But his name was not the only thing which had changed. Stance pattern, voice and expressions showed that he was not really sure of who he was and why he was there. He told us that he had come here because he had found a communicator on him and it brought back just enough memory to get him to the mansion. As he was saying that, it hit me. That can't be his communicator. Hal detected his communicator on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I looked in his hand and saw he was holding an old Radio Shack portable phone. I guess the phone just triggered his memories and that is why he thought it was a communicator.
We talked for a bit longer, mostly about housing for Ironic. His new form was screwing up Hal so we could not keep him in the main house. The fact that our cars have engine computers and built in communicators made the apartments over the garage questionable. As we began to discuss finding an apartment off the grounds for him, Harlee Quinn came walking out of the main house. It struck me that the UMI crisis was over, we didn't need to suck up to The Joker and his minion, so now was as good a time as any to turn Harlee over to the authorities. I picked her up and started to carry her to the local police office. Don't ask me why, but the rest of the group started asking me what I was doing.
"This is a felon. I am taking her to the authorities," was my response.
Green Lantern then snatched her out of my arms with his ring, and a heated discussion started. They told me she was progressing with her therapist and I told them that we didn't have to hold her anymore because UMI was dead. While I understood their concern for her psyche, I could not understand their problem with her being turned in. This woman was involved in the break-in at the psychiatric facility which freed The Joker. She was also involved in the kidnapping and genetic duplicating of at least 3 members of AlertForce. I am writing this much later so I have had time to consider this, but, while the LAPD did not want her, we all knew that the New York State police would want her for the prison break. And the FBI would want her for the kidnappings (the AF members were taken across state lines during the commission of those kidnaps). But this is beside the point. While we were arguing our positions, Harlee took that time to start running.
Ironic went and brought her back. I did not hear their conversation, but from the look on their faces when they came back, I could see that Ironic has some sort of psychological connection to this woman. Because I know he has been going through a lot since last I saw him, I let the whole thing drop. This woman and he have... a history. I don't know what it is, but I assume it has a great deal of meaning to him. The fact that she came back with him suggests that she, too, feels something toward him.
We still have to find them housing -- two apartments close to one another.
Love
James
Dear Father,
Had a bit of a strange day, today, Father. First off, Mantis vanished into nowhere, leaves message he will be in and out for the next month, mostly out. But few of the AF members present needed a leader. Most were recovering from the battles the day before. I was floating in the pool, giving my muscles a chance to release the tension. At about noon, there was a knocking on the front door. A few of the people around the pool looked at me -- like I should get the door. I don't live here. I am just visiting, was all I thought.
Band and GL eventually got the door. I couldn't hear any specific words from the other room, but tones of voice suggested some confusion some where. I did hear one word, in the end. "Loup." I figured they wanted me to talk to the person at the door, so I headed in to the house. The moment I rounded the corner and saw the visitor, I had a flashback. The color of his skin had changed... a lot... but Razor X has a most distinctive face. When asked if I knew the man, I replied, "Yes. Hi, Razor."
To which he responded, "I am no longer called Razor. Please refer to me as Ironic." The fact that his skin color had changed from caucasian to... metallic... made his new name understandable -- especially since Iron Man had already been taken. But his name was not the only thing which had changed. Stance pattern, voice and expressions showed that he was not really sure of who he was and why he was there. He told us that he had come here because he had found a communicator on him and it brought back just enough memory to get him to the mansion. As he was saying that, it hit me. That can't be his communicator. Hal detected his communicator on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. I looked in his hand and saw he was holding an old Radio Shack portable phone. I guess the phone just triggered his memories and that is why he thought it was a communicator.
We talked for a bit longer, mostly about housing for Ironic. His new form was screwing up Hal so we could not keep him in the main house. The fact that our cars have engine computers and built in communicators made the apartments over the garage questionable. As we began to discuss finding an apartment off the grounds for him, Harlee Quinn came walking out of the main house. It struck me that the UMI crisis was over, we didn't need to suck up to The Joker and his minion, so now was as good a time as any to turn Harlee over to the authorities. I picked her up and started to carry her to the local police office. Don't ask me why, but the rest of the group started asking me what I was doing.
"This is a felon. I am taking her to the authorities," was my response.
Green Lantern then snatched her out of my arms with his ring, and a heated discussion started. They told me she was progressing with her therapist and I told them that we didn't have to hold her anymore because UMI was dead. While I understood their concern for her psyche, I could not understand their problem with her being turned in. This woman was involved in the break-in at the psychiatric facility which freed The Joker. She was also involved in the kidnapping and genetic duplicating of at least 3 members of AlertForce. I am writing this much later so I have had time to consider this, but, while the LAPD did not want her, we all knew that the New York State police would want her for the prison break. And the FBI would want her for the kidnappings (the AF members were taken across state lines during the commission of those kidnaps). But this is beside the point. While we were arguing our positions, Harlee took that time to start running.
Ironic went and brought her back. I did not hear their conversation, but from the look on their faces when they came back, I could see that Ironic has some sort of psychological connection to this woman. Because I know he has been going through a lot since last I saw him, I let the whole thing drop. This woman and he have... a history. I don't know what it is, but I assume it has a great deal of meaning to him. The fact that she came back with him suggests that she, too, feels something toward him.
We still have to find them housing -- two apartments close to one another.
Love
James


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home