Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Psychic connections....

May 3rd, 2013
Dear Father,

Bane walked up to me earlier today and said, "Loup, I am not sure if this was just a dream or a vision or... what, but I saw Pheonix... and he is trapped. He needs our help."

I know that, more often than not, the white man ignores the mystical world of dreams. Freud's interpretations are far more likely to be accepted. But each human being has, at one point in his or her life, an experience that western culture does not... accept. Bane's dream was one of those experiences. She has a connection to Pheonix and the dream was his way to reach out to her for assistance. In the strictest interpretation of most cultures, Pheonix has no soul to reach out with to connect with others, but we are still trying to understand artificial intelligence, and Pheonix is not... strictly... artificial. A lot of his personality and moral structure is based on the memories of his creator, who passed on shortly after he created Pheonix. Who is not to say that it was more than knowledge that he transferred to his creation.

All I really know is that UMI took the Triad in to "custody" two days before it was overthrown. And we had yet to hear from them. So Bane's dream was no too far a stretch. GL shipped us over to Sweden and we did a little searching around the former Defense building, found nothing. We went out to the sight of the conflict between Number 10, Snow Angel, the Triad, Scotsman, and the constructs. Above water, we found nothing. At the floor of the Baltic Sea, we found a construct for later analysis and Ironic dug up a couple of WWII limpet mines. Having nothing further to go on, we went back to Stockholm to clean up the rubble, hoping we may find some clue as to where we should next look for the Triads.

To make sure all was legit and official, before we started cleaning, I went into the Prime Minister offices which were across the street from the rubble and asked to speak to whomever I should speak to about cleaning up the mess. The fact that I was speaking to a 3 day old government seamed a little... odd, but their leader came out and spoke with me. He was pleased that we were offering to help them. The fact that our assistance would be free was an added bonus. He told us to have at it.

GL and Ironic were disposing the pieces in the sea (it was nothing but cement, stone, wood and steal, so no negative impact on the environment). Bane, Scotsman and I started piling up stacks of rubble, separating pure stone pieces from those with steel rods running through them (the former for GL to carry out to sea, the later for Ironic). At one point, I was lifting a fairly large piece of rubble and misplaced my right foot on a loose stone. When my foot hit the stone, it shot out from under me and I dropped the rubble. It shattered into 20 or 30 smaller pieces. Under that rubble, we found a surprising.... item. The piece I dropped further shattered one of the many pieces that Red Tornado (one of the members of Triad) was broken into by UMI's explosion. We searched the area and found probably 98% of Red. We bagged it and when we finished the clean up, we took Red back to the mansion, hoping that Joe's technical support could reconstruct Red Tornado. And, hopefully we could learn what had happen to the rest of the Triad.

Till I know more,
James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home